In August 2021 we extended a warm welcome to Demi Greig who is undertaking a period of work experience in the Sales Office at Actikem.
After receiving a great set of exam grades recently, Demi will be starting a Level 3 Business Diploma 2-year course at Warrington & Vale Royal College in September 2021. Well done Demi on your exam achievements during these very challenging times.
Demi will be based in the Sales Office, working approx. 2 days per week and will receive training from the Sales staff in all office administration activities. The placement is integral to her study programme and will give her a valuable opportunity to put the knowledge, skills and behaviours she learns in college into practice in the workplace.
Benefits of work placements
There are many benefits to doing a work placement, including:
- Improving the student’s ability to secure a job once their course comes to an end
- The likelihood of further opportunities becoming available, like paid employment and/or an apprenticeship
- Further enhancing the student’s knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to their future career
- A greater understanding of what it is like to work in their chosen industry
- Coaching and mentoring from their supervisor and colleagues
Demi’s key duties will include:
- Answering calls, taking messages and checking the phone answer machine
- Making drinks and welcoming in visitors
- Petty cash counting
- Stationery checks
- Kitchen stock checks
- Using the printer: scanning, copying, printing, changing ink
- Updating the staff notice boards
- Checking the post-box and distributing the post
- Logging enquiries
- Preparing quotations
- Understanding the process for handling Sales Orders / Purchase Orders / Works Orders /Delivery Advice Notes / Sage payments / bank reconciliations
Away from the Office…
In her spare time, Demi enjoys going out with friends, spending time with her family and walking the dog.
Demi was particularly interested in undertaking her work placement at Actikem Ltd, as she wanted to gain experience of an office environment and has a particular interest in Human Resources. On completion of the Business Diploma Course at Warrington and Vale Royal College she hopes to go onto university to study for a degree in Business Management.
We are all very much looking forward to working with Demi and wish her a happy and successful time at Actikem.
If you are interested in any work experience opportunities at Actikem, please contact us on 01925 593900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on Warrington and Vale Royal College, please visit: https://www.wvr.ac.uk/